Friday, July 12, 2013

Watercolor/Marble/Ink Stain Nails

   So I am going to get right to the point. I love PolishAndPearls' tutorial of how to do the watercolor/marble/water-marble look. I had never actually heard of using acetone or water to create that look until a moment ago. So when I first tried out this art trick a ways back  I was using way less nail polish than I should have been using so it would turn out bad and then I didn't have a great top coat so it was just a recipe for nail disappointment.
   But now that I actually watched her video (which I should have done in the first place), I decided I am going to use black, a gray-ish color, and maybe a little white nail polish. I'm going for a smokey, glass, watercolor look. 'Cause I don't know about you but the mixing of the sweet and grunge look is very in! And hopefully this wont fail like many times before...

Here is her tutorial:
---------------------------------------------------------------------
First I painted them white and my sister was going to do a 'Colors of the Wind' on my nails. But she couldn't do them after all. (If you want to see them and the process comment!)

Here are the colors I will be using:
SinfulColors - Black on Black 
Sally Hansen Hard as Nails - Steely Gaze
Wet n' Wild Wild Shine - 449C - French White Creme
Orly - Tiara
Diamond Dry - Top Coat Brilliance and
1 Sandwich bag
It's kind of hard to tell from this picture but I did use a good amount of nail polish for each 'glob'.
So I used little squares of the sandwich baggie to move the polish around and this was also before I added some giltter.

For the glitter I just barely brushed it on so it would just leave little trails. Hey! Without the glitter it kind of looks like Ink Blots or Ink Stains! I think I will call this 'Ink Stain Nails'. :) The top coat I used actually moved some of the darker colors into the white and some of the white into the darker colors so it looks like it's meshed pretty well. 

   Hope you enjoyed my FIRST nail tutorial. Well, it's partially mine. I got the tutorial from PolishAndPearls but I just changed the colors and made it my own little creation. 

Much love!








No comments

Post a Comment

© Carina Is
Maira Gall