Sunday, January 24, 2016

Full-Time Full Moon & Jaclyn Hill

Full-Time Full Moon & Jaclyn Hill
Trying To Make A Change | Late Night Thoughts


    This world is a scary beautiful thing and amazing things can happen but there are people who just tear you a new one. If you don't know who this beautiful person above is, her name is Jaclyn Hill. She is one of my FAVORITE makeup artists. She does her work so wonderfully and she has a huge heart, I feel like I know her. 

She is one of the people who I want to meet someday and have a conversation over coffee or something. I already met my other favorite, Kandee, at BeautyCon this past summer and that was definitely one of the highlights of my year. Got to meet her twice and only cried the first time. YES! 
Anyway, back to Jaclyn. She put up this video about a month ago and for some reason I'm just now watching it. I saw when she put it out and when she told her Snapchat fam about it and I put it in my watch later playlist. Finally getting to it, she brought up some good pointers.
There is always someone talking about being bullied over the internet and you think how bad it is but yet you never really know the pain until it happens to you. It's not like being punched or anything. It's like a paper cut. It's small in comparison but stings like a mother trucker. Some how the people behind the computer screen are able to find the sweet spot. They were some how able to zero in on you and know what will cause you the pain you will be thinking about when you're trying to fall asleep.
Like Jaclyn says in her video, it recently felt like there was a full moon out and everyone was acting crazy and just not being themselves. I can not count how many times when I'm on Instagram and I'm scrolling through the discovery page and see a mean nasty comment directed to the person who posted the photo, some other person who commented or both. When I see these comments I want to sit down with that person and just ask why they felt they needed to say such things or why the other person felt they needed to reply. It's like there is a full-time full moon out and people just think they can say whatever nasty comment they want. Yes, this is a free country and yes there's freedom of speech but how would you feel if someone said that comment to you or something similar. And this applies to not only the world-wide web but as well as in person. 
Just think before you speak, okay?
"No one ever becomes successful by kicking others down." - Jaclyn Hill 

XOXO

1 comment

  1. so true sister! there is never a need for hateful or disparaging comments (in real life or online). sad to say but that full moon leaving its mark of negativity probably won't be going away any time soon. so we just have to learn to not let it consume us. p.s. i think the full moon is getting a bad rap here (hehehehe)

    love you!

    ReplyDelete

© Carina Is
Maira Gall