Saturday, February 1, 2014

So little time.

    It has only been a month into the new year and so much has happened already. Some good and some bad. I know that everything happens for a reason but why must the bad things be heartbreaking? On January 20th 2014, a wonderful person that I knew from high school passed away. She was a very sweet girl who beamed with God's glory and kindness and was an example of a Godly woman. I had never heard a bad thing from her and I never saw her angry or upset with anyone. She was kind to everyone! I didn't know her that well but you didn't have to know Kaylee for her to affect your life. I remember I was in Ross looking at candles when my mom texted me and told me that Kaylee had passed. I couldn't believe it and I didn't want to. It's odd but I immediately checked Facebook to see if it was true - it was. Once I read a Facebook status from another student I couldn't even fathom the idea, the thought of her being gone. Once I read this I started to lightly cry. I went to find my sister in another part of the store and once I found her she was on the phone with our mom and talking about another student who was injured recently, then, I think my mom told her because she just stared in disbelief at an item she was looking at. I started walking in the other direction just thinking and once I turned around my sister was sitting on one of the shoe benches just sitting. I sat down next to her and we both just started crying. I didn't care if other people saw me or what anyone thought about me. I don't think my sister did either and my sister isn't the type of person that cries. 
    There are no words I think that anyone could use to describe what type of person that Kaylee was. I mean there are words but none that can fully describe her in the most accurate way possible. Yes she was a wonderful, kind, Godly woman but I feel like that's not enough! I cant even imagine how her close friends, family and her boyfriend are feeling. I can't even imagine. I pray that God keeps a healing hand over all of them. It's only the 30th and it feels like it has been a month. This Bible verse helps me to remember to be strong because God is with me and everyone else going through this hard time:
Psalm 46:1-3
God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble. Therefore we will not fear, though the earth give way and the mountains fall into the heart of the sea, though its waters roar and foam and the mountains quake with their surging.
    I know she is in a better place and is with our Father but we miss her. I just pray for comfort, peace, ease, and love for everyone who knew Kaylee. 
http://www.9news.com/news/article/374223/345/Star-Faith-Christian-Academy-basketball-player-passes-away

No comments

Post a Comment

© Carina Is
Maira Gall