Friday, April 4, 2014

How To Have A Great Time When Family's In Town

   This past week was great. My aunt and cousin came to visit us for a week! They live in Colorado so having them come out here was wonderful, they also came for my uncles daughters wedding AKA my older cousin. It was a great week... the wedding was beautiful and it was at a wonderful location - George Key Ranch Historic Park.

Photo Booth fun!
   I have been in California for almost two years and only felt maybe 1 earthquake. But when my family got here there were 137 earthquakes. Both big and small and I actually felt maybe 9 of them. We did all sorts of things when they got here but one major thing was the day before they were leaving and so my mom had planned to secretly take my cousin and all of us ( me, my mom, my sister, my uncle, my aunt and my cousin) to Medieval Times. We all knew about it except my cousin. She's 11 BTW... 11, freaking ELEVEN. It's so weird to think of her as 11. Only 2 years until she's a teen. No.. I refuse to except that. She is still 5 years old in my head. Any way, I was supposed to have class that night but I really wanted to go to MT so I finished my HW early and was gonna take it early but didn't leave till late and I still had to go get it copied (It was my drafting class). So by the time I left Office Depot was the time when my class was starting but I still went anyways thinking I could just go and if she was lecturing, wait out in the hall until she was done. When I got there, there was a guy ahead of me in the hall that's in my class and he went in ahead of me and I stayed out in the hall because she was lecturing. I guess he started to get all his stuff out cause I could hear her just pretty much go off about how we have to be respectful to the other people who got there on time and not interrupt her teaching cause she was actually teaching something (whoops, gonna have to figure out what that is) so I decided to just turn it in next week for half credit. 
  When I was almost home I was coming to a red light and there was this cool older car next to me and I was checking it out and then when I looked forward again I was really close to this car and hit her bumper. Long story short, I hit her, there wasn't a lot of damage and no airbags went off we were both fine, luckily my mom has insurance, but my hood of my car is a bit bent so were taking it in tomorrow morning. But the whole time I'm just balling my eyes out. We pulled into this car place that looks like they sell cars and fix them up and one of the guys comes out and looks at my car and he could see that I was crying and I was trying my best not to completely lose it. And he tells me, "you know, the car is gonna be okay. It's just some minor damage, the engine is fine, nothings leaking, and you're okay. That's all that matters." That helped me a bit and all I could think was A) My mom's gonna be pissed B) Will we still be able to go to MT tonight
C) Will I still be able to go to MT and D) They're all waiting for me at the house and I'm making us late. But the wonderful person that my mom is she was just glad I wasn't hurt. When I got to the house my family aunt, cousin, and uncle weren't there yet so I wasn't making anyone wait. I cried from the time it happened to when we were about to leave for MT. I love my family 
   Medieval Times....... AAHHH I love you. You made my night better. My mom even said, "If you're gonna get in a car accident, it's best to do it before you go to Medieval Times." I had such a great time. We had the yellow knight again! It would've felt weird not to be yellow since last time we were there we had the yellow knight. My cheerleader-ness kept seeping through as I yelled for my knight, and, a few Shrek lines - GIVE HIM THE CHAIR... FINISH HIM! 
   Sadly our yellow knight didn't win but it was still great. Once it was over and we went into the open area for the pictures, my aunt convinced me to take a selfie with our knight... I did :). 
My view


Got a selfie with the Red and Yellow Knight. The gorgeous and tall man that he is..
   My aunt and cousin were here from March 26th- April 2nd. And March 23rd and 24th my schools cheer team went to compete at the USA Collegiate Championships at the Anaheim Convention Center and we had prelims on Sunday and finals on Monday. We got 2nd place!!! For us that is AMAZING because we got 2nd place out of 7 teams. And beat out teams who have been together for years and we got our wonderful coaches, Shelly and Danny in October. So we're all excited for next year. :) Our amazing performance will be down below. :)
From Prelims on Sunday :)

2nd place baby! If that one stunt didn't fall, we would've gotten 1st! :)


Much Love, 

No comments

Post a Comment

© Carina Is
Maira Gall