Friday, December 4, 2015

The Do's & Don'ts of Riding with Lyft!

The Do's & Don'ts of Riding with Lyft!

You know that app...? The one that's kind of like Uber..? Yea! That's the one!

Lyft is just like Uber, with a few things that are different, but it is the same concept. Lyft is awesome cause it's a pink mustache! HELLO! Okay so it's not the only reason it's awesome but it's a contributing factor. ;)

But back to the main reason you are reading this post. I am a part time driver with Lyft and these are the Do's and Don'ts for riding with Lyft.

**I mean I guess you don't have to follow them, but it would be very courteous and make the process smoother for both you and your driver! :)**

-----------------------------------------------------------------


DO: Be ready to go when you request your Lyft!

It's just better for everyone if you're ready to go when the Lyft gets to you. That way you wont be late and you and your driver will have a nice ride.

DO: Be easy to spot!

Personally, I get a good amount of joy when I get to the destination and I see that the person is standing outside and ready to go. You'd be surprised at how much this helps. I know you, the rider, can't have a "Oh hey Lyft, it's me!" sign but it's pretty close.

DO: Have a picture on your profile!

This is something I honestly really dislike sometimes. I'll get a request and I wont see a picture.. already I'm nervous. How am I supposed to spot you? Especially if I'm supposed to pick you up from a crowded area? Unless you have that sign we were talking about...

DO: Tip!

Seriously. If we pick you up and drop you off and it's only a $5 fare, a tip really helps. With Lyft, they take a small fee from the ride but if we get a tip, we get to keep the full tip. Recently I had a ride and point A and point B were close enough she could've walked and the ride was only $4. Even if it is a small tip it helps! Gas isn't cheap!

DO: When you request your Lyft, put in your destination ASAP!

Once again, it's going to make the ride go smoother and faster. UNLESS, you know where you're going and can give the driver your directions. If you do this, update your driver when the turns will be a minute or two before they need to make that turn.

DO: Point out your house/building etc.!

Depending on the navigation app they're using, it may or may not say how far down or which side of the street your destination will be on. 

DO: At least some small talk!

I have had rides where some people talk and some people don't, and I honestly prefer the ones that do talk. It makes for a less awkward ride... trust me. I can't speak for every Lyft driver but for me, I have the usual list of topics I'll bring up and then, if I get a short response, I feel like I'm supposed to be talking about something... anything! But if you really don't want to talk or don't feel like talking, just nonchalantly be like, "Oh, I like this song! Can you turn it up?" Or if the radio is off, ask to listen to some music!

DO: Be respectful of your drivers car!

I've had some people bring food or drink in the car, and that's totally fine, but make sure to be careful! I think it was my second or third ride when I first started Lyft, and this person spilt half of their soda on the floor of my backseat. I'm not to concerned about it because I know some things just happen but not everyone is as easy going as me. 

DO: Make sure you leave with everything you came with!

Don't want you to forget your phone or jacket!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------


DON'T: Smoke!

It's a nasty habit and is just rude to do so in a strangers car.

DON'T: Bring your pet!

Even if the driver is okay with pets (I love them!) but your driver may get passengers later on that day that are allergic. 

DON'T: Forget to buckle up!

First of all, it's a safety issue and secondly, if your driver gets pulled over (knock on wood) for you not having your seat belt on, that's an unnecessary fine for your driver.

DON'T: Forget to rate your driver!

This goes a long way, and a 5 star rating and a comment is great for your Lyft driver!

----------


I hope these are helpful for anyone thinking of/riding with Lyft as a passenger! If you don't have it already, download the app here for iTunes & Android
XOX

1 comment

  1. ooooo good tips sister! thanks! i'll make sure to keep these in mind next time i am in need of a...wait for it, wait for it...lyft (hehehe...okok lame i know)

    love you!
    -jazz

    ReplyDelete

© Carina Is
Maira Gall